Nothing worth mentioning on it, except the leadership I've taken up last year but it was just a member in the committee and everyone else has it (what's new in my school!)
I applied to be another member of the committee again sometime last year (damn loser, I know, HAHAHA!) and I got a position higher than that. I hesitated, I thought and thought but after putting much thoughts into it, I was like why not? I mean, it's not like I am the in charge or something; there's always someone above me (talk about cowardness. HAHAHA.)
But after half a year into it, shit happened, I ended up being the one clearing all the shit and the school even stepped it into that. That was the first time I went head to head against someone, not personally but in work. We argued/debated. He could not get my point and I could not get his.
It was hell.
School took actions, we had meetings after meetings to settle the same issue all over again. It got so bad that my bf and I quarrelled over school matters. Yes, you didnt read it wrongly. Over my fucking school matters.
I mean, I know he means well and wants me to fight for my own rights but I am like a hermit, contented with my own shell and even when I am clearing my own shit, I feel at ease - I mean, if things go wrong, afterall, I am doing more than what I am expected.
But part of me was struggling, struggling to do everything well and trying to juggle everything else.
When the shit was over, somehow somewhere, I became the one in charge. It was another hell. Nightmares of events not working well and stuff. I had sleepless nights and trust me, the amount of tears I've shed is too much to be measured. It was practically everyday nearing to the event.
Now that it is all over, I heaved a sigh of relief. Everything is falling back to place and I am glad it is.
I realised that I have learnt a lot and somehow, I have grown. I have learnt to at least fight for my rights (okay, it seems to be applicable to cases where the other party is too much), to be more independent and most importantly, making my own decisions.
I would not have done it without the help of my bf, my family and everyone else who had to listen to me rant almost every other day.
I thank you. Really.
No comments:
Post a Comment