Now, all of us sure have that someone whom we feel that he/she is hypocrite, which from what I understand is what we call "fake". They are usually people whom we do not like or on the more extreme end, hate.
Yes, I am guilty of it as well and I believe most of us feel that it is their actions/behavior/character which make us feel that way. They most probably deserve our dislike/hatred towards us.
I felt it that way until one day, I was thinking about it and thought of something different which resulted to me thinking twice about it.
Imagine someone we dislike or not close with saying that she doesn't like this particular person and when she just speaks nicely or talks to the person politely as if she is okay with each other, we go:
At the same time, we will avoid going or hanging out with the person cause we will normally think that she is fake. She could have just not talk to her so politely and by doing all this, it reflects how hypocrite she is, towards everyone.
YET
If we have change the words to your "best friend".
Imagine your close friend saying that she doesn't like this particular person and when she just speaks nicely or talks to the person politely as if she is okay with each other, we go:
SHE'S SUCH AN ANGEL. HOW COULD SHE MANAGE TO TREAT HER SO NICELY?! I CANT EVEN TOLERATE HER. SHE HAS A FREAKING HIGH LEVEL OF SELF CONTROL. I WILL JUST WHACK HER AND TEAR HER APART IF I WERE HER.
What I am really trying to say is that, in our daily lives, we probably have judged people as hypocrite based on our feelings towards them and somehow, it might be selective. Sometimes, we (okay, maybe it's just me) are guilty of treating people nicely cause we feel that it is ethically right and polite to do so, even if we do not really like the person.
However, when it comes to people whom we are not familiar with or we do not really like them, we judge them by saying that the people are fake.
But have we asked ourselves if they are doing the same thing as we are and if so, why are we labeling them? Is it because all of us are hypocrites? Or is it because we are all polite people who do not wish to hurt others' feelings?
I have been thinking about it all this while and sadly, I am unable to find an answer. Maybe it's because of the world we live in, how realistic and practical it is that MOST not all of us put on a mask to disguise ourselves and act differently in front of people.
You might argue that no, I know my best friend well, that's why I know that she's being nice. Then, what makes you think that the person, whom you do not know or do not really like, is being mean for saying that? Why can't it be the fact that she is being polite to the person itself?
I have concluded that sometimes, our judgement might not be as accurate as they are being shaped by our perception or feelings towards that particular person.
DISCLAIMER: The nice pictures are from the website and I did not come up with them. Credit goes to the owners who have created them.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE, PLEASE CLICK ON THE AD.
DO LEAVE A COMMENT ON YOUR VIEWS.
Till then. X



No comments:
Post a Comment